It’s strawberry season!
Fresh berries, spinach and more creates a light & refreshing meal option.
Add some grilled chicken to it for your protein!
Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- 1/3c Olive oil
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp local honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the dressing: Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, vinegar, poppy seeds, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small jar. Seal the jar; shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.
- 2 – 5oz containers of baby spinach
- 1 lb strawberries, halved or sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced (or you can use can of mandrine oranges, no sugar added)
- 1 1/2c chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
For the salad: Just before serving, add the spinach to a large bowl or platter; top with half of the strawberries and orange slices. Drizzle with half of the dressing; gently toss to coat. Top the salad with the remaining berries, orange slices, pecans, and goat cheese. Drizzle with your desired amount of the remaining dressing, and serve the remainder on the side, if you like.
To take this recipe to the next level, trade out the toasted pecans with 1 1/2 cups candied pecans for a sweet crunch.
Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond