Beautiful Recycled Dragonfly
I have dragonfly’s hanging all over the house and in the garden.
Dragonfly’s come in all kinds of colors so be creative with yours, personally I love these colors.
Craft Supplies Needed:
- Wooden table leg
- Wooden ball/spear for the head
- 8 screws (be sure they fit in the holes on the fan blade metal)
- 2 metal hangers
- 4 Ceiling Fan Blades (they don’t have to have the gold on them)
- Sharpie or black paint pen (if you want to do line details in the wings)
- Small paint brush
- Large paintbrush
- Acrylic paints (use your favorite colors)
- Paper towel or sponge
How to Make Wooden Dragonfly
- Pick your color for the dragonfly body. Use your paint brush to paint the wodden leg. You can use the sponge if you want to add texture to the body.
- Paint the head of your dragonfly with a solid color of choice, black works well for all color combinations.
- Remove the metal from the fan blades.
- Paint both sides of your fan blades. You can make them solid with some lines or get creative and use multiple colors.
- Once everything is dry, reattach the metal pieces.
- Screw the fan blades on the flat part of the table legs.
- Screw the hangers one at the top and one towards the tail.