An elegant yet simple gift to give or use to decorate your home this holiday season.
Township Candle Holder Template:
The template I’ve provided below can be used to either cut out a paper surround for your jar using last year’s instructions for a paper surround…
Or, you can use it to paint the township onto the outside of the jar using the instructions further down in this post.
To save the images, simply click on the template photo below to open at actual size in another window. Right click and save to your own computer.
To resize your template, open the template image in a Word document. Measure your jar to determine the perimeter circumference (outside jar for cut-out and inside jar for painted project) and enlarge the two parts to meet that requirement. Join part A and part B together to make one long template
- Glass Jar
- Black Acrylic paint
- Small round paint brushes size 2 & 4
- 1/4″ flat brush
- Can of Santa snow
- Wire for handle (optional)
- Isoproply Alcohol Spray
- Clean cloth
1. Clean jar with soapy water and remove any labels.
4. Rest your jar on a soft cloth – I used and old tea towel. Try not to handle the bottom of the jar too much as grease from your skin may affect how well your paint adheres to the jar. Using your small round brush and the black paint, start painting the design, using the template as a guide. You may decide to add other things or trees… I actually added a little fence beside the church on one of my jars.
7. Place your painted jar inside an old cardboard box and lightly spray the top third of the jar with the Santa Snow. Do not spray inside the jar. Leave to dry.